Membership of the BVOA is encouraged for veterinary surgeons interested in the aims of the Association and the promotion of the study and development of orthopaedics in small animals. Membership is open to other members of the profession including veterinary students and veterinary nurses and other suitably qualified workers, provided that they have been proposed and seconded by BVOA members.
Member benefits include:
- Membership rates for biannual meetings and courses
- Access to the Google Discussion Group for the sharing of cases, expertise and advice
- A biannual newsletter
- Option for discounted subscription to the journal Veterinary Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology (VCOT)
- The opportunity to apply for the BVOA Clinical Research Award
- NEW BSAVA member rates for BVOA members on orthopaedic CPD
The annual subscription is £100 for Full membership with on-line access (only) to VCOT, £40 for Ordinary membership – no journal or £145 for Premium membership with online access and paper copy of VCOT.
Subscriptions are due on the 1st November but new members are welcome to join the association at any time.
Applications for membership of the Association must be submitted on the official subscription form. Please return the form, together with your cheque, to the administrator. If you wish to pay by Standing Order, download the mandate and send directly to your bank when completed. There is also a renewal form for existing members.
BVOA is now a HMRC professional body approved for tax relief, please see recent inclusion on their list:
Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology
VCOT IS AVAILABLE ONLINE
At the beginning of 2018 the Thieme Group acquired the Schattauer publishing house. As a consequence, the management of subscriptions to the Schattauer journals was also transferred to Georg Thieme Verlag. BVOA members subscribed to VCOT can access the contents of Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology online via Thieme Connect.
Members can register their personal online access unto Thieme connect with an access code and receive access for one year each time.
The access code is renewed annually.
You will find instructions on how to register here.
A) If a member already has a user account on Thieme Connect .
First request an access code from Rachel at BVOA@btinternet.com then :-
2) Go to “My account” (https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/all/settings).
3) Chose the tab “Access code” and type in the code given.
4) Verify your personal data and log off.
5) You will receive an e-mail with an activation link. Once you have clicked on that link you will have access to Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology upon your next login.
B) If a member doesn’t have a user account on Thieme Connect yet.
First request an access code from Rachel at BVOA@btinternet.com then:-
2) Click on “Registration with an Access Code” and then on “Access Code Registration”.
3) Type in the access code and continue.
4) Chose a username and password and accept the General Terms and Conditions.
5) Fill out the registration form with your personal data and continue.
6) Verify your data and continue.
7) You will receive an e-mail with an activation link. Once you have clicked on that link you will have access to Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology upon your next login.